Delivery, Data Protection, Warranty, Returns Policy, Repairs and Servicing, Maintenance Advice & Loan Equipment
Deliveries may take 5-10 working days depending on item, availability and courier delivery times. Some items will be shipped from the store, larger products may be shipped direct from the supplier. Please check your order immediately after delivery and notify us of any transit damage, and with regards to internal defects or shortages please report within 3 working days. Failure to do so, may result in refusal to rectify/replace products as we will not be able to claim for loss or damage from supplier/courier.
Data Protection – We only use the data you supply when placing an order, to fulfil order requests or rectify any issues should you require aftersales. WE DO NOT forward your details to any third party NOR do we collect any card payment details. All payments must be processed online via the payment system in place, in store OR via bank transfer prior to despatch/collection of goods. Should you wish to collect an item from the store, please ring us on 01204 848364 to arrange this. Payment would need to be made in store or via bank transfer for collection.
The products offered for sale comply with relevant current European or British Safety Standards at the time of purchase.
Warranty – please check the Manufacturers manual for the length of the warranty period for your product.
- All nursery products are covered by the manufacturer for a minimum period of 6 months which covers defects in materials and faulty workmanship (it does NOT cover accidental damage). The length of the warranty depends on the manufacturers concerned. The warranty typically becomes effective when the product is delivered, NOT when you start using it.
- The warranty goes not cover customer misuse, abuse, neglect or accidental damage. Always follow and adhere to the manufacturers’ instructions.
- The purchaser is responsible for the correct operation and maintenance of the product, indemnifying Mums Mate LTD for any damage, liability costs caused by misuse or misunderstanding of the manufacturers’ instructions.
Returns for Repair/Inspection
- If a fault is believed to have occurred, the product may be subject to the manufacturers’ inspection at Mums Mate’s discretion, to determine if the fault is manufacturing or non-manufacturing. A copy of any report if available will be made at the purchaser’s request. Some manufacturers may charge for a return and inspection fee, which the purchaser may be liable for in the event of a non-manufacturing fault. Inspections and repairs usually take 7-10 working days including collection from and delivery to our store. In rare circumstances, possible delays will be notified as soon as possible – subject to spares being available at the time of repair.
- Unused goods with a manufacturing fault may be returned for a refund or exchange. Notification must be made within 48 hours of the product being delivered and must be returned within 14 days. Products will only be accepted if it is returned in the same condition as it was received – with original packaging and tags intact, unused and with a returns number which will be given once you inform us of your request to return the item. After the 14 days period, you may only be entitled to a replacement or credit note. This is up to a 28day period only. After 28days, we may refuse to rectify the fault.
- For used goods, if a fault is discovered, the manufacturer will repair the item, or Mums Mate Ltd will be supplied with easy to apply spare parts, this is done depending on the circumstances. However, if the product is beyond repair, then a refund or replacement will be offered again at the discretion of the manufacturer.
- It is the responsibility of the purchaser to return the goods at their own cost to Mums Mate Ltd using the cheapest tracked service available (we will refund this cost should it be a manufacturing fault) but no additional charge is incurred for carriage to the manufacturer if the product is within the guarantee period and the fault is one of manufacture. A copy of the receipt may be
- required as proof of the purchase date.
- Products out of the warranty period will incur a collection and return carriage charge. The charge will differ across manufacturers. Please ask staff for further details.
Repairs & Servicing – Please ensure you inspect and maintain your product regularly to minimise wear and tear and identify defects early. Problems due to wear and tear are not covered by the manufacturers’ warranty. Repairs required for non-manufacturing faults, out of the warranty period will be chargeable to the purchaser (The purchaser will always be contacted with a quote before any work is carried out). Although we try our best to solve any queries, in some cases you may need to contact the manufacturer direct. Customer helpline numbers are available on request.
Maintenance Advice – Your pushchair requires regular care & maintenance. Inspect and clean your pushchair regularly including the wheels. Never use abrasive cleaners. Do not overload your pushchair with bags or with extra children. Only use your pushchair for the purpose that it is made for. Incorrect usage of your pushchair will void your warranty and overloading with children and shopping bags will void your warranty.
Care of your chassis: ensure the chassis is free of dirt and if in contact with dirt and grit, rinse & dry thoroughly. Use in rain – ensure the pushchair is thoroughly dry following use. if using in winter, white deposits of gritting salt are visible rinse & dry thoroughly. This will avoid rust appearing on your pushchair. Check all moving parts, hinges, joints & mechanisms regularly & lubricate as necessary with a light coating of silicone lubricant. Always ensure these parts are clean, dry & free from dust, dirt or sand prior to lubrication. Lubrication cans are available in store. Wheels: if your pushchair has air tyres, please check and inflate regularly to minimise faults occurring. Please note: air tyres are NOT covered by the warranty. Remove, clean, lubricate and inspect wheels on a regular basis. Rain cover: wipe down after each use to minimise faults occurring. Please note: rain covers are NOT covered by the warranty.
Please note: warranties and policies will differ across manufacturers. The decision of fault/repair/refund will be made by the Manufacturer concerned, NOT Mums Mate Ltd. This is because Mums Mate Ltd has to comply with the policy of each manufacturer.
Mums Mate – The Baby Shop, 359-361 Halliwell Road, Bolton, BL1 8DF. Tel: 01204 848364. Email: [email protected]
Contact us at i[email protected] for questions related to refunds and returns.